hi! here's a new painting and some current stuff I'm working on!
here's some stuff i'm working on now:
1. A beautiful book called THE ALL-OVER about my paintings, animations, cartoons, and zines, and my recent show at Portikus in Frankfurt. The book will be co-published by Portikus and Dancing Foxes Press. It will be done in time for my Sept show at Capitain Petzel in Berlin! very exciting, my first book with good european distribution!
2. I wrote a short text about Maria Lassnig for a survey show of her work in Athens, opening April 7th at Municipal Gallery of Athens.
3. I'll be in a group show in Seattle curated by my friend Cameron Martin in April/May called "Surfacing" at James Harris Gallery.
4. I made a funny, special piece for a big group show at MOCAD, in Detroit! my birthplace! It's called "99 cents or less" from May 18 to Aug 6.
5. I'm working on some book covers for NYRB publication of two of Henry Green's novels.
6. I'm talking about doing something in Paris with Cheapest University and/or Section 8 books!
7. I co-designed a tattoo with artist Hadi Fallahpisheh for Michael Smith's "Not Quite Underground" Tattoo Parlor for over-65-year-olds at Muenster Sculpture show this summer!
8. ABOVE ALL: I"ll be working in the woodshed for the rest of the spring and summer on new paintings for September in Berlin.
--more updates to be added periodically.
NOTE on contacting me:
For information about my work, please contact my galleries. In NYC, please contact Gladstone Gallery.
Or, Capitain Petzel in Berlin, Susanne Vielmetter in LA, Campoli Presti in Paris, Thomas Dane in London.
I am slow to answer the email that comes here! So please have patience, or write to a gallery. Thank you!